Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Winter Services - Home Improvement

This January I was hired to clean out an attic and take out the old fiber-glass insulation to be replaced with foam. I filled a 30-foot dumpster in less than 35 hours! What a mess! Below is a picture of me with not even half of the insulation.

Here is the refurbished attic complete with foam and new floor. My Uncle put in the floor.
My father, Wayne, made some built-ins for the same clients that needed me to clear out that attic. Pop likes to work with wood in construction and carpentry (so building anything from additions to custom kitchens and bathrooms) and doesn't like to paint. Luckily, I was ready to work and eager to learn - so he showed me how to do it (apparently he was a painter before he was a contractor!). I did the finish sanding, priming, and painting for a few built-ins, cabinets, and a the television room in this home.


This client also needed some new storage shelves protected with a polycrylic finish. It went quite fast with a small roller and now the shelves are protected from water and heavy use in the garage.
I am currently doing interior painting for a new client. I am painting walls and woodwork of the master bedroom, spare bedroom, bathroom, and radiators in her dining room.
I get to see Sandy over at Littleton Aubuchon Hardware a few times a week to pick up paint and supplies - what a wealth of knowledge on paint, tools, and techniques! I recommend anyone interested in home improvement concerning paint to head over there and see the paint-master!