Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Last day of landscaping for the season?

It may have been my last day of landscaping work for the year - and there was snow on the ground!! Today I was installing edging and rubber mulch strips under this wonderful fence for protection against back splash from precipitation along the garden. What do you think?
This edging was wonderful to work with because it came in sections that you pounded into the last piece instead of a big roll that curls and is difficult to keep where you want it.


The rubber mulch strips are 100% (they look like tires!) and match the black compost/mulch that we used almost perfectly! This area will only be seen for a few short weeks while the plants are not filling it in.





Good luck with all your home projects for the winter! Remember that starting in February I will be hiring out to do interior painting and home cleaning. I'm great to have around to move heavy objects and help organize attics, basements, etc.

I will be doing the interior framing on my own house with my father and boyfriend for December - I'm looking forward to finally working on our house! Look forward to invites to view display gardens with edibles and lots of blooms all season in a year or so! I will be doing lots of plantings in the 2011 season!! Have a wonderful holiday season!