Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Day on the Trails

I love gardening. Sometimes it's nice to do something on a little larger scale. So instead of planning for one garden, several hundred square feet, to plan acres of "garden" or a woodlot. When I work at this particular place I get to learn about forest/land management, in this case for wildlife. I also get to build boardwalks on trails! This gets me off my hands and knees for a few days and allows me to spend some solitary time in the woods (when Hana has a day off). When Hana and I make boardwalks together we life the bigger planks out across the streams and come up with fun tunes to sing while we do it. Today was a beautiful sunny day, one we haven't seen for a while. It was a particularly enjoyable time.
Here's the quad runner loaded up with the trailer and ten foot planks.
Here is the trail as it leads down to a section of 8 foot boardwalks. This is my favorite place in the trail system. There is something sort of mysterious about this particular place.Here, begin the boardwalks. I had begun to put them in last year and could not finish when I had to go back to school. I finished them today, making the boardwalks have different colors!
What a fun day! Thanks for visiting the blog!