Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hike to the Muthofe

Today I got in five hours of good hiking! I hiked up to the Muthofe. It was a great hike because it was difficult enough that it left all of the German tourists back on paved roads and I had a lovely morning. Here are some of the pictures I took:

Apparently Sizzo gave me good directions because I found the trail:Up the trail you can see some amazing geological phenomena... and amazing trees with faces in them....
Here is what I saw when I got to the top.
Farmers harvesting hay by hand where machines would not go. This was really cool! I stopped and watched for a few minutes. Then realized that right behind me, more farmers were turning hay by hand on another slope. Also, at the top, there were pera-gliders!
Brunnenburg is in this picture, can you find it?

Here are some hikers enjoying the view.
Here is the lovely sunset a few nights ago.

I need to apologize for the spelling mistakes. The spell check on this website, though an American website, spell checks in Italian from the computer I am using, therefore making it almost impossible to spell check. I will fix it when I return to NH!