Sunday, June 15, 2008

Work Work Work

On Thursday I cleared out brush around the vineyard so that the grapes are not shaded and have plenty of sunlight to begin growing! While cutting back the brush I chased out a scorpion! They're pretty cool. They are small and black and apparently only sting like bees.
This is the view from the castle Saturday morning. I opted to do chores for the animals this weekend because I enjoy working through the cycle of the day. So I was up in the morning to take this pretty picture. Brunnenburg is seemingly in the middle of nowhere, but what's nice is that as you climb out of paradise you end up in a little village called Dorf Tirol. Here are the outskirts of it on the hill. Its an cool view from the castle :)
Here are a few pictures of the trail that leads down to the new vineyard, weberacker. The climate is just a little bit warmer so that there are more plants. Vines cover trees and there is green everywhere! What a beautiful place to work :)